mn

Estancia Von Zillenstein ligt op de Argentijnse Pampa. Hier, temidden van grazende kuddes en wat maté drinkende gauchos, zijn mijn belevenissen uit El Sur del Sur, het meest zuidelijk gelegen land op aarde, terug te vinden.

Thursday, December 06, 2007

"Victoria de Mierda"

No beat yes on Sunday. Despite what the polls said, I was surprised. Chávez accepted his defeat gracefully, as I wrote in Tuesday´s Lat-Am Watch. Meanwhile though he has changed his tone. Yesterday he called the opposition win a "shit victory". He also promised to relaunch his proposal for constitutional reform, this time via a popular petition. I guess the agreeable Chávez was too good to be true.

I´m off to Barinas this evening, the president´s home state. I was there last year and reported on some of the Chávez family mischief. This time I´m not sure what I´ll find. After that I plan to head to Brazil and then up the Amazon to Ecuador...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home